There are times, whether in or out of our control, that an event must be postponed and rescheduled. Should that happen, these are the protocols:
If you plan on joining us on the rescheduled date then you will not need to do anything. Your registration will remain active. If you need to update it in any way (weight/belt), just let us know.
Anyone who would like to withdraw, immediately or later, may do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you paid a registration fee, that will be refunded in full. We will continue allowing withdrawals and full refunds until the Wednesday before the tournament (which is always our policy).
If you are unsure, please leave your registration active. As the date approaches or you become 100% sure you can’t make it, then reach out to us. Unregistering and re-registering later may cause undue confusion and technical issues with duplicate names.
If you are a FUNDRAISING COMPETITOR who can’t make it in August and needs to withdraw from our Connecticut tournament:
- You will follow the same protocol by emailing us at email@example.com
- Any perks you earn will of course be honored. Please reach out to us and we’ll coordinate getting those shipped to you. Please only do this if you do not plan to attend the future event and thus can’t pick them up.
- If you earned free entry to the tournament, that may be applied to any tournament in the future and that will never expire.
- If you plan to re-register for a DIFFERENT Tap Cancer Out tournament and would like to move your fundraising efforts to that tournament, please register for that tournament, let us know, and we’ll move your donations.
- As per our policy, donations are made in good faith to support Tap Cancer Out and our beneficiary organizations and are independent of the outcome of any individual’s performance on the mat and will not be refunded due to an event being rescheduled or outright cancelled. We will continue to honor all fundraising perks earned regardless of whether or not a competitor will be joining us.
- Donations CAN be moved from one fundraiser to another, but that fundraiser will forfeit any perks earned (as the other fundraiser will earn them due to the additional donations).